On 16/12/11 06:21, Alex Lourie wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 6:57 AM, Nicholas <nska...@gmail.com
> <mailto:nska...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hello everyone. I wanted to introduce myself to you. My name is
>     Nicholas Skaggs -- yes, that guy Jono blogged about:
>
> http://www.jonobacon.org/2011/12/12/nicholas-skaggs-joining-the-canonical-community-team/.
>     I am excitied to be joining you in helping make ubuntu even better.
>
>     I think ubuntu is in a unique place to be a leader among open source
>     projects in the area of QA. The more I have used ubuntu over the
>     years, the more impressed I become. Each release gets better and
>     better and provides a better experience. It's that "just works"
>     nirvana that all technology projects seek to provide its users and
>     ubuntu more and more "just works". I was reminded of this the other
>     day after coming home to find my wife happily printing some
>     documents using the new printer we had purchased. I hadn't yet had
>     time to setup the printer so imagine my surprise that my wife was
>     now printing from it! I asked her how she figured out how to setup
>     the printer and was met with a blank stare. She had simply turned it
>     on and plugged it in. Ubuntu did the rest when she hit the print
>     button -- ubuntu saw she wanted to print, found an
>     unconfigured printer available on USB, configured it, set it as the
>     default printer, and then sent the document to it. Amazing! It's
>     this community's tireless work and focus on finishing ideas well
>     that these experiences are a testament to. I look forward to
>     creating more and more of these experiences with all of you.
>
>     I don't start in my new position with Canonical until next month,
>     but I will lurk on IRC, try to attend some meetings, and read the
>     list and wiki. Things seem to be standing up quickly around here so
>     I'll do my best to come up to speed on all the exciting things going
>     on. Thanks everyone!
>
>     Nicholas
>

>     --
>

> Hey Nicholas!
>
> Welcome to the team! We finally got to meet you, so we're glad and
> anticipating to work with you!
>
> Let's make Ubuntu even better and more awesome than it is, and while
> we're at it, let's bring open source QA to a new level.
>
> --
> Alex Lourie

Hi Nicholas!

Welcome to the team :) I hope we have the chance to start collaborating
with you soon.

We are in need of as many hands as we can get in the QA team :) We are
working on some tasks at the moment, not sure when you joined the list,
so this will give you an idea:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/QATeam/TasksPrecise

We are making good progress in rewriting the test cases, reviewing the
new tool we'll be installing (Case Conductor) and rewriting the wiki.

Thanks,
Gema

--
Gema Gomez-Solano        <gema.gomez-sol...@canonical.com>