On 02/12/2012 02:40 AM, Jean-Baptiste Lallement wrote:
Hi Petko,

Current upgrade/installation issue on Precise amd64 is caused by webkit that fails to build on i386.

webkit 1.7.5 build successfully on amd64 but not on i386. 1.7.4 is available on i386.

Since common binary packages are built on i386 (libwebkitgtk-3.0-common and libwebkitgtk-1.0-common in this case) and the latest version is not available, the result is a dependency break.

If you run a partial upgrade the resolver will attempt to upgrade the most important packages to the cost of removing the less important ones if necessary. In the case of webkit, it decides to remove gir1.2-webkit-3.0, and, as a consequence, software-center (depends on gir1.2-webkit-3.0) and ubuntu-desktop (depends on software-center)

You can install the newest version of all packages not depending on webkit by running a normal upgrade: - with update-manager: do not click on 'partial upgrade' and select 'close' instead. update-manager will only select packages that can be safely upgraded.
 - or from the command line run:
$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -u upgrade

Regarding webkit, the only thing you can do is to wait until it is available from your local archive.

Thanks for the info , I'll wait it out , I guess it wouldn't be more than a few days .

Petko