Akhila,
I've had this even on several versions of Oracle VirtualBox (not the one in
the Canonical repos) including the latest 4.2.0 Beta.

Just keep adding your 10cents to the existing bug reports, I'm sure the
guys will nail it eventually.

I'd be more upset if it happened on real hardware!

--
Rgds
RC

Robin Catling