hi everyone,

since i upgraded my pc from 12.04 to 12.10 vlc won't start. all i get is empty windows constantly popping up with very high cpu usage........system is sluggish, windows manager goes crazy, task switcher is disabled, launcher is locked, some applications are randomly spread to other desktops etc (see screenshots)...........this will go on forever until "killall vlc". after that the window manager still behaves funny..........i haven't been able to find out what's going on nor have i found a bug that would describe my problem.......

what do you think about that?