On 09/24/2012 04:55 PM, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
> Yikes! It's here. Thanks to everyone who's been working on our
> testcases. Those of your who use the tracker will notice the new
> changes. Thanks again to everyone's work on this.
>
> So, the beta2 images will be landing shortly on the tracker and will be
> ready for testing. In addition to this, there's a chance to do some
> Unity Testing. If you've been wanting to help this cycle, but want
> something easy and quick, this is it! All you need is a beta2 image,
> which you can boot to a live session, or install in a VM. If your
> running quantal, make sure you up to date. In all cases you will already
> have Unity 6.6. What is needed next then is to have a look at the
> testcases here -- specifically the 2 marked as 'mandatory'. They aren't
> difficult to complete and will help ensure unity and the new suggestions
> feature is working well:
>
> http://packages.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/237/builds/23813/testcases
>

> And of course, the beta2 images:
>
> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/238/builds
>
> Happy Testing everyone! Let's help polish quantal and make sure it's
> something we all as a community can be proud of on release day.
>
> Nicholas

I'm testing 12.10 Beta2 on Virtualbox on a 10.04 host and whenever the
VM boots it freezes the host.

I have an MSI all in one, and when I boot 12.10 Beta2 on there it
freezes on SYSLINUX Loading... After rebooting the BIOS no longer sees
the USB disk.

Does anyone else experience either of these this? Any recommendations on
how to proceed?

--
-komputes