On Monday, April 15, 2013 10:11:05 PM Phill Whiteside wrote:
> Hi,
>
> whilst the ubuntu guys do ensure timely updates for chromium, there are
> some of us who do not mind being on the bleeding edge. The dev version of
> chromium has now been added to raring. Please understand that this is not
> the 'stable beta' which seems to have fallen by the way side owing to not
> enough man hours. If you want to 'play safe' then use the standard upgrades
> that apply, if you want to try out the 'dev' version, then add Alex's PPA.
> [1].
>
> As with all 'dev' versions, it may break so do be aware of how to 'roll
> back'. But, for me it only had a (non-critical) bug for a couple of days in
> the last 12 months.
>
> @Alex, thanks for keeping the dev PPA updated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
> 1. https://launchpad.net/~a-v-shkop/+archive/chromium-dev

Phil,

Please keep a clear distinction between Ubuntu and other related things.
There is an Ubuntu archive that's supported by the Ubuntu project.  Many
people like to provide other packages in PPAs (such as this), but they are
most emphatically not part of Ubuntu.  People installing software from PPAs
need to do their own due diligence as there is absolutely no external QA or
security checks done of what goes into a PPA, so it's important that people
understand if they are doing thing from the official archive or not.

Scott K