I have used chromium-browser in both ubuntu and debian. Hardly ever
crashed. However, there were some sites that complained when trying to view
them with chromium.

I looked at the alternatives to firefox and chrome;rekonq and
chromium-browser, raring raingtail kubuntu amd64.

rekonq has some features that are interesting and chromium was just
chromium. No big difference from chrome. If I can get them to do what
firefox and chrome did, then I can suggest these as replacement browsers.