Hi Nick,

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 06:03:38PM -0400, Nicholas Skaggs wrote:
> Excellent, thanks Vasudevan.

> So open question to the release team -- should these two packages be
> on the iso?
> hyphen-en-us
> thunderbird-locale-en

> (I reckon for all default languages they are missing as well).

> I checked the filesystem manifest for the latest raring iso and
> indeed these are missing. And we prompt then upon login to install
> them if you do a non-network english install. My guess is for our
> supported languages we should include these packages. Thoughts?

It's expected/intended that these packages are not included on the ISO.
The first time the machine is connected to the network, you're offered the
option to install them; but they're optional packages, and including them on
the CD would mean a trade-off between never prompting to install extra
packages for language support, and fitting more languages on the image.  I
think making the image useful to users of more languages when no network is
available at all is worthwhile.

BTW, when you say "prompt upon login if you do a non-network install", you
mean that you're prompted if you did a non-network install and then
connected to the network post-install, correct?  Obviously if you have no
network, we shouldn't prompt you to install packages you'll be unable to
download.

slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org