Hi,

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-config-printer/+bug/1133794/comments/16

This is the the work around and I confirm, it is working perfectly :D
I would never figure this out myself so thanks to  Jonathan Marsden for the
workaround and now, we just need to wait until this is fixed :D

Thanks!

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 8:57 PM, Santhosh Sharma Mahankali <
santhoshmahank...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ali Linx,
>
> I have a quick query on your latest finding on
>

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-config-printer/+bug/1133794
>
> your Test reports 1 and 2 says "by default CUPS is OFF and you turned it
> on sudo start cups"
>
> my query here is after you entered "sudo start cups" did you notice any
> errrrrr ?? able to connect to server ??
> coz the bug lunched is
>
> "There was an error during the CUPS operation: 'failed to connect to
> server'."
>
> -Thanks
> Santhosh
>

> Email me
>

>      <santhosh_mahank...@yahoo.co.in>[image: Google Bookmarks]
> <santhosh_mahank...@yahoo.co.in>
>   <santhosh_mahank...@hotmail.com>  <santhosh_mahank...@rediff.com> [image:
> email] <santho...@vedams.com>  <santhosh_mahank...@yahoo.co.in>
>

> Follow me:
>

>     <http://www.google.com/profiles/santhoshmahankali> [image:
> Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=636092398>
>   <http://in.linkedin.com/in/santhoshmahankali>
> <https://picasaweb.google.com/santhoshmahankali>
>
> <http://www.scribd.com/santhosh_mahankali><http://www.youtube.com/user/santhoshmahankali>
>   <http://www.google.com/profiles/santhoshmahankali>
> <https://picasaweb.google.com/santhoshmahankali/>
>   <http://www.scribd.com/santhosh_mahankali>
>

> Call me
>

>  91-91773-23223
>
>  91-99483-42622
>

> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad)
> <amjja...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello again,
>>
>> As promised, I did a check on 4 different installations and here is what
>> I found out:
>>
>> Test 1:
>> Lubuntu 13.04 i386 Desktop - CUPS is OFF hence sudo start cups -
>> http://i43.tinypic.com/1zfrct5.jpg
>>
>> Test 2:
>>  Lubuntu 13.04 i386 Alternate - CUPS is ON so no need to do anything here
>> - just install the Printer - http://i40.tinypic.com/24l9do3.jpg
>>
>> Test 3:
>> Lubuntu 13.04 amd64 Desktop - CUPS is OFF hence sudo start cups -
>> http://i43.tinypic.com/1zfrct5.jpg
>>
>>  Test 4:
>> Lubuntu 13.04 i386 Desktop upgraded from 12.10 - CUPS is ON so no need to
>> do anything here - just install the Printer -
>> http://i40.tinypic.com/24l9do3.jpg
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> P.S.
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-config-printer/+bug/1133794updated
>>  - just added my findings on a comment :)
>>

>> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 5:02 PM, Ali Linx (amjjawad)
>> <amjja...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/system-config-printer/+bug/1133794
>>>
>>> Done. I confirm the bug is affecting me too.
>>> I will post a comment later on that bug with some screenshots.
>>>
>>> I have 4 different installation for Lubuntu 13.04

> [...]
>>> 2- Install from raring-i386-desktop (beta 2) upgraded to 13.04
>>> 3- install from raring-i386-alternate (beta 2) upgraded to 13.04