Just a friendly reminder to everyone that we don't have the luxury of personal interaction via this list, so be careful when choosing your words. It's hard to convey tone and meaning sometimes. I know it's tough for those who don't speak English as a first language :-) Think the best of everyone and be a positive influence :-)

- - -

Now, back to the discussion. I already shared my cli story, but I've also run things like dsl and puppy on EXTREMELY old boxes. I had a pentium 133 (as in original pentium) with 96 mb of ram. To make things more fun, it was a laptop (or a giant brick, lol). I used puppy on that to great success back in the day. Having an essentially prepackaged static OS can be useful in those cases. I just wanted to browse the web; so literally it booted and I browsed the web. Nothing more or less. Between dsl and puppy I did find puppy more enjoyable. Trying to add packages or install extra things on either one didn't work so well; I found it best to leave them static and unmodified.

Cheers,

Nicholas