Hi Jack,

just as (totally off topic) ubuntu decided not to support the Raspberry Pi
which, for schools etc. is going from strength to strength [1]. I'm never
too sure how often Canonical wish to encourage, then drop, architectures. I
certainly felt it when the 'arm' team abandoned pc100, and then released it
and blamed the distro I was then involved in. I resigned.

Regards,

Phill.
1. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24435809

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw