Hi all,

On 09/24/2014 03:55 PM, Elfy wrote:
On 24/09/14 04:27, Alberto Salvia Novella wrote:
Nicholas Skaggs:
Go forth and test!

You can upgrade your system to the final beta just by going to the "Terminal" application and entering the following line:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade && update-manager -d

We know.

That is of absolutely no help whatsoever when we are testing the Final Beta Image.

We aren't testing apt.

+1

I agree.

The most important part about testing is: test the installation of the system.

Upgrading is just part of testing and IMHO it comes 'after' testing the installation.

If the installation is pass, then you can test the 'upgrade'.

You could always have two installations, one for fresh new installation and the other for testing the upgrade if you must or want do that :)

We need to make sure everything is fine and there must be a priority for that.

Regardless, we have to make sure the Final Beta is as good as possible, specially we have only one month to the final release :)

Thanks!

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad