Slightly delayed, but this is still relevant. If you have a device, test this!

Nicholas

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        [Ubuntu-phone] Call for Music Remix testing
Date:   Wed, 5 Nov 2014 12:19:47 +0000
From:   Alan Pope <alan.p...@canonical.com>
To:     ubuntu-phone <ubuntu-ph...@lists.launchpad.net>

Hi,

The Music app developers have been working hard recently with the
Canonical Design Team to revamp the Music app we ship on devices. A
small group of us have been using and QA testing this but we wanted
some wider user testing as everyone seems to have different usage
patterns when it comes to music.

So could any of you with an Ubuntu device and some music please test
this click package this week before we upload it to the store.

Here's where to get the click package and how to install it:-

Note: You'll need the phone to be in 'developer mode' first. Go to
System Settings -> About this Phone -> Developer Mode -> Slide the
switch to ☑.

1. Attach phone running Ubuntu to a computer which has adb installed
2. Open terminal
3. wget -P /tmp
http://people.canonical.com/~alan/music_remix/20141104/trunk/com.ubuntu.music_2.0.726_all.click
4. adb push /tmp/com.ubuntu.music_2.0.726_all.click /tmp
5. adb shell
(this should give you a "phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$" prompt on the
phone in which you type the next command. if not then something went
wrong with adb or your USB cable or developer mode switch didn't work)
6. pkcon install-local --allow-untrusted /tmp/com.ubuntu.music_2.0.726_all.click
7. Close music app on phone
8. In the dash on the phone, *search* for music, do not just tap the music icon.

To revert back to the current stable version of Music app from the click store:-

1. Long press on Music app
2. Uninstall
3. Once uninstalled, re-install by searching for "Music" in the store

If you find bugs, feel free to use the launchpad bug tracker:-

https://bugs.launchpad.net/music-app

Source code is on launchpad if you're inclined to fix bugs yourself :)

https://code.launchpad.net/~music-app-dev/music-app/remix

Massive thanks to Andrew & Victor for working hard on this, and to
Jouni from design for providing the new UI guidance. Rock on!

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope
Technical Project Manager