FYI, this describes the workaround as well.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] autopilot tests run windowed on the latest vivid-proposed image
Date:   Mon, 06 Jul 2015 12:18:16 +0200
From:   Michael Zanetti <michael.zane...@canonical.com>
To:     ubuntu-ph...@lists.launchpad.net

Sorry, made a typo.

On 06.07.2015 12:14, Michael Zanetti wrote:
Hi Olivier,

turns out autopilot adds a mouse which causes the automatic switching to
kick in.

As a workaround, you can run

gsettings com.canonical.Unity8 usage-mode Staged

Should have been:

gsettings set com.canonical.Unity8 usage-mode Staged

Br,
Michael

before running your AP tests. We're investigating how to properly get
around the issue.

Thanks,
Michael