Just a reminder you can play with the core apps on a normal desktop!

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [Ubuntu-touch-coreapps] Dekko builds now available in the core apps PPA
Date:   Sat, 4 Jul 2015 10:27:16 +0200
From:   David Planella <david.plane...@ubuntu.com>
To:     ubuntu-touch-coreapps <ubuntu-touch-corea...@lists.launchpad.net>
CC:     Daniel Chapman <dpn...@ubuntu.com>

Hi all,

With the help of Dan, we now have daily .deb builds of Dekko on the core apps PPA for vivid and wily. This should help testing it and the rest of core apps on a desktop environment during the transition to Unity 8 and snaps. To install it:

    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-touch-coreapps-drivers/daily
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install dekko

Enjoy!

By the way, slightly off topic, but I've been using the Terminal app on my desktop as my main terminal for a while. After the last update on the PPA it no longer works: it merely shows a pink background - has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers,
David.