On 09/01/2015 05:33 PM, Brendan Perrine wrote:
I find that after the gcc migration this is over the 800 MB provided in the
testcase. Using the dialy iso from
zsync
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/daily/20150901/wily-server-amd64.iso.zsync
I get 1.1 GB used. This was getting closer to the 800 MB limit a few weeks ago
when I used this testcase but now it seems to use 1.1 GB but am not sure if
this is space usage increasing with modern packages or if something is
installed that should not be. I am not really sure what to file the bug against
but it is using more space than it should in the testcase.
We'll need a reply from the server folks to see if they want to maintain cd size on this or not. The desktop images obviously stopped trying to meet that criteria some time ago. I would file a bug against the debian installer, though someone else might have a more appropriate place:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/debian-installer/+filebug

Nicholas