On 25/09/15 20:32, chris hermansen wrote:
[snip]

Well, that may be the case, but in the circumstances at hand, making a bootable USB stick for Ubuntu 15.10 beta amd64 from an up-to-date Ubuntu 15.04 amd64 system hardly strikes me as some edge case that can be safely ignored by instructing the people concerned to use a more mainstream procedure.

Anyway. I don't have a dog in this "let's replace usb-creator-gtk race"; I'm just trying to do my Ubuntu QA volunteer thing and the tool at hand is broken. I leave it to you all to figure out whether the tool needs fixing or replacing.

--
Chris Hermansen · clhermansen "at" gmail "dot" com

C'est ma façon de parler.
I see the same issues - don't misunderstand me. Mostly.

I rarely see issue with SDC as ~1 week after dev releases - I'll be using the next unreleased. I AM an edge case ;)

I'm all for getting this fixed - but if we start worrying about things said before (and are now not supported) we'll get nowhere fast.

For the record - I've given up using anything but gnome-disks. Which gives me a working tool each and everytime, from wherever and for whatever - I have had problems with other apps/coomands of one sort of the other since ~2009

Unetbootin used to be fine - now it's not.

I have no interest in persistence ever.

I've no interest in pushing dd to people who aren't aware of how to partition - the linux for humans mantra should be forefront in what we do imho.