Nio Wiklund:
The problem now is not only that new bugs keep coming, but that old bugs
remain, and the poor piece of software works only in a few scenarios.
Marc and I agree, that the method used in the SDC makes it vulnerable to
changes in Ubuntu and its program packages, and Marc's suggestion to
{copy/clone/flash/burn/restore} the iso file to a USB pendrive is much
more reliable, because it is independent of mismatches between the
system in the host system and the system in the iso file.

We are waiting for a version of the SDC, that Marc Deslauriers has
volunteered to make. I think it might solve most if not all the current
problems.

Okay, thanks for the clarification. And Marc for the good work ;)