Den 2016-09-08 kl. 20:12, skrev Nio Wiklund:
Den 2016-09-08 kl. 19:55, skrev Alberto Salvia Novella:
Ian Bruntlett:
The flash drive is not being recognised. To quote GPartEd, "Unable to
detect file system!".

Does anyone else have this problem?

Yes, I have. I thought the device was broken.

Please open a new report about it, and I will confirm and triage it for
you.

Thanks 👍

Hi Alberto,

This is by intention: This way to create USB boot drives, cloning, is
very robust, and it solves the long-lasting problem of bugs that has
plagued the Ubuntu Startup Disk Creator (I think since 2011, Ubuntu
10.10 was still good).

There are other things to consider:

- this kind of boot drive is read-only [1]

- it is more complicated to restore a standard storage drive [2,3]

- there is no way to create a persistent live drive built into this
Ubuntu Startup Disk Creator. (So users who want that must use other
tools, for example [4].

[1] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/mkusb
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/usb-creator/+bug/1549603
[3] https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2314875
[4] https://help.ubuntu.com/community/mkusb#Persistent_live_systems

Best regards
Nio

Hi again,

Or are you suggesting to file a bug against gparted? Then I am with you :-)

Best regards
Nio