I have been using Ubuntu and or one of the derivatives for many years now and other than an occasional hiccup never have had any real problems. Certainly found them very stable. In fact, for the last few years, I have been following the new releases, currently Zesty, by zsync every few days and then testing them in VirtualBox. Of course, there are sometimes problems with these but the problems seem to be fixed quite quickly and the new release stabilizes. Right now I am testing Zesty Xubuntu and I like it - other than it still advertises itself as 16.04. I believe that it could used as my main system even now. So it makes me wonder what is wrong with Teo's setup that it seems so unstable? Perhaps we could investigate that aspect rather fight each other. Just my 2c.
Compliments of the season and best wishes to all who contribute.
Bill  - in the East coast of South Africa