Hello,

=== What was done engineering wise? ===

 * Good cleanup and rework of maintainer scripts in edubuntu-artwork
to better handle unity-greeter and avoid configuration prompt when
upgrading from 11.10

 * New version of epoptes, our classroom management tool, uploaded to
Debian and synced into Ubuntu. It brings support for grouping clients,
a few bugfixes including an issue with its SSL certificates validity
period (was only 1 month) and updated translations.

 * Alkis also documented the reason for requiring x11vnc and vnc4 in
Edubuntu for the LTS including a comparison with the alternatives:
http://www.epoptes.org/documentation/vnc

=== What's about to land that might impact the other teams? ===

 * LTSP... one day... for sure before Feature Freeze...

=== Release Notes ===

 * None

=== Summary of bugs working on by team (reasonably reliable) ===

 * None.

=== Dependencies on other teams, blocking items? ===

 * None.

=== Issues? ===

Handling of unity-greeter's configuration for flavours is kind of
difficult because we can't modify it from our packages without
creating a huge mess (like I did for Edubuntu's ...) and diverting
conffiles seems to be giving interesting results.

After discussing the issue with Michael Terry on IRC, the conclusion
was to investigate porting unity-greeter to gsettings which is easier
for flavours to override without touching a conffile.

In case it's interesting for someone else, here's what Edubuntu is
currently doing to workaround the problem:
 1) Ship /etc/lightdm/edubuntu-greeter.conf in edubuntu-artwork
 2) In edubuntu-artwork's preinst, divert unity-greeter.conf to
unity-greeter.conf.orig and install a symlink from unity-greeter.conf
to edubuntu-greeter.conf
 3) In edubuntu-artwork's postrm, remove the symlink and remove the
diversion

This has the advantage of not messing with unity-greeter's conffile
while still shipping our settings as a conffile.

For the record, here's the dpkg issue I found on the subject:

Hopefully we can switch our settings to a gsettings override file for
12.04 and avoid these hacks.

- --
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer