On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 05:17:40PM -0500, Kate Stewart wrote:
> > I'm personally fine with either 800MB or 750MiB (786MB) as a target for this
> > cycle, I just want to make sure we understand our trajectory for future
> > releases and that the limit in quantal makes sense as a point on that
> > trajectory.

> I'd rather see us go to 800MB and give us some breathing room to
> experiment with this new form factor,  now that we've made the decision
> to not use CDs.

One of the reasons for wanting to only grow the image gradually is that
software *will* expand to use all available space, and by only giving
ourselves a little bit at a time, we can make sure we're continuing to be
disciplined about the growth.  I don't think the difference between 786 and
800 is a big deal either way... but I also don't think "breathing room"
should be the deciding factor :)

slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org