Le 14/05/2014 18:58, Dimitri John Ledkov a écrit :
> As far as I understand: installation media (.iso) & ability to run
> live-session of said image defaulting to unity8. Plus the default
> packageset would be different, e.g. converged apps would be
> pre-installed / available.

Mostly what Dimitri said.

Some of the avantages I see:
- having a live session means it's easy to test it (no need to run the
current devel Ubuntu serie on your personal machine/to install it).
- it gives us a base where we can experiment with more low level changes
(e.g we could start by testing system images for desktop on that image)
- It's also likely that this image is going to be good enough, at some
point, that we can recommend it for some users without making it the default

In fact in shouldn't be lot of overhead, it's simply making the "Unity 8
desktop session from the archives" a first class citizen

Cheers,
Sebastien Bacher