> Sorry if I wasn't clear earlier.  I think there is no problem with you
> moving forward with such a tech preview image built from a ppa.  My

Yay! :D

> objection is only to publishing it as a "release" under cdimage.ubuntu.com
> come 14.10, since it will not be built from supported packages.

Right, I understand that concern, but since it's labelled as a tech
preview, I think
users should not have any expectation of support anyway ( apart from getting
new packages )

> If you think we need to have more discussion about this point, we can
> continue to do so; in the meantime I don't believe this question should in
> any way block you from moving forward with a tech preview of KDE5.

Awesome :D

> Does this imply that you are planning to do post-release updates via the
> ppa on top of utopic?  Why would you want to do this rather than rolling
> users forward directly to u+1?

Yes, Primarily because this would allows us to judge the quality of upstream
releases, and provide valuable data on whether or not we can push for
a MRE in 15.04/15.10.
This would also allow

>> 6) We don't intend to provide upgrade mechanisms for this CD from 14.10 to
>> 15.04
>
> Does that mean you are deliberately *disabling* the stock upgrade support?

Well, we're not explicitly disabling upgrades, a user can still run
the tool, but if
s/he encounters issues, then we can't be blamed for any breakage.

Cheers
Rohan Garg