Hi Michael,

On Thu, Jun 30, 2022 at 12:43:20PM +1200, Michael Hudson-Doyle wrote:
> I also want to get an SRU into jammy in time for the release of 20.04.1
> which is due August 4, probably aiming for an upload some time next week.

I assume you mean 22.04.1.

Is there a particular reason this SRU needs to make 22.04.1? I ask
because...

> 2) Should I upload the fixes I intent to SRU to kinetic too? In general we
> want fixes to go to devel first but glibc uploads are more disruptive than
> most and kinetic will get the fixes anyway a few weeks later (all the
> changes I have planned for SRU are backports). But if the release/SRU teams
> would be happier with kinetic getting updated first, we can certainly do
> that.

Part of the reason we want things fixed in the development release first
is to help find any issues to reduce regression risk for the stable
release. When we rush to land a fix in an SRU that hasn't had widespread
use elsewhere, we lose that opportunity. If there's a special reason we
have to get a fix into 22.04.1 then maybe we need to compromise on that,
but it seems to me that this would depend on the specifics.

I wondered if I was missing some routine thing that we've always done,
but looking at the publication history of glibc, I don't see an SRU
having landed prior to the first point release of Focal, Bionic or
Xenial.

Robie