Hi,

On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 9:54 AM Lucas Kanashiro <kanash...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 14/09/2023 09:33, Andreas Hasenack wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 14, 2023 at 8:06 AM Lucas Kanashiro <kanash...@ubuntu.com>
> > wrote:
> >> Hi Andreas,

> >> No problem.

> > But also please see my comment about docker-compose vs
> > docker-compose-v2 at the end

> >> Do you mean the current DEP-8 tests are not enough?
> > There is no "docker build" in the current DEP-8 tests, much less with
> > DOCKER_BUILDKIT=1 (I'm looking at mantic), and no test for docker
> > compose, even to check its presence. You are asking to include two
> > packages in an exception which relies on the DEP-8 tests, so yes, I
> > think these two new packages should be tested.
>
> There is a call to "docker build" in line 24 of d/t/basic-smoke of
> docker-buildx.

Ah, I was checking src:docker.io-app, sorry.

Looking at the correct package now, src:docker-buildx, it uses "docker
buildx" indeed. Ok then, we just need a normal build (not buildx) with
and without the env var, like what triggered the regression report.
Just be wary that this env var usage might disappear in the future I
suppose, as buildkit becomes default. Then the test would be moot and
could be removed. Something to keep an eye on.

> The "docker compose" command is called multiple times in d/t/basic-smoke
> of docker-compose-v2.

Same thing, sorry. I was looking at src:docker.io-app. ACK on
docker-compose-v2, no further tests needed.

> AFAICS just the DOCKER_BUILDKIT=1 is not covered by the current tests.

Correct, with a normal "docker build" command.

> > Noted on the binary package. So what will happen to the old
> > bin:docker-compose?
>
> TBH I plan to do nothing, it is sync'ed from Debian and  it is a totally
> different package (even written in a different programming language).

Ok, that's something for an AA to sort out when the time comes.