Hi all,

While working through some package build verification tasks using
https://github.com/canonical/ubuntu-package-buildinfo I have discovered
that there are quite a few packages in the main component of the Ubuntu
archive that are missing .buildinfo files.

Most of these are due to binary packages being copied from earlier releases
before launchpad supported .buildinfo files. An example is `run-one`
version `1.17-0ubuntu1` in Jammy which was built in Trusty in @
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/run-one/1.17-0ubuntu1/+build/5464697
in January 2014.

Focal has 128 source packages without any binary builds with .buildinfo -
see https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/FsXXrksJrx/ for full list.

Jammy has 17 source packages without any binary builds with .buildinfo -
see https://pastebin.ubuntu.com/p/VkGHTHmpVy/ for full list.

All packages in Noble+ in the main component of the Ubuntu archive have
.buildinfo files.

I am bringing this to your attention as in support of being able to verify
package builds in Ubuntu LTS releases I propose that we no change rebuild
the above packages.

The current understanding is that this would require SRU for each
package. @SRU-team Is that true for this use case or can an exception be
made?

If SRU is required, are the SRU team willing to accept these packages
through SRU? perhaps a prioritised list initially?

Phil

--
Phil Roche
Staff Software Engineer