Erast Benson wrote:
SMF adoption by Ubuntu could be in benefit for both distributions.
I'm looking for people who would be interested in such a work, i.e.
Ubuntu port of SMF service manager and SMFication of existing Ubuntu
packages.

As I've said several times on this list, SMF seems to me like the best solution to system service management out there at the moment, and one that Ubuntu should have. This would make a great project for hackers looking for their claim to Ubuntu fame. So, want to get involved? Get in touch with Erast, and let's get the ball rolling.

(Cross-posting to ubuntu-server, where there might also be interest.)

--
Ivan Krstic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | GPG: 0x147C722D