I can't be at the meeting today, but I have two issues that trouble me.

AVAHI
I absolutely hate avahi. I don't want my machines to be advertising
services and trying to find them, especially when I am running a
server that's connected straight to the Internet. But getting avahi
off a system is harder than I expected, especially since avahi doesn't
seem to have good documentation.
(1) Should avahi ever be on a production server that's exposed to the net?
(2) Is there any documentation on how to get it off the system and
still leave the system in a usable and upgradeable state?

DOCUMENTATION
Every package should have a man page as a matter of course, because
the manpage system is the standard documentation This is especially so
in a command-line only environment. manpage-alert tells me that about
10% of the packages on my server, and 20% of the packages on my Ubuntu
desktop machines, don't have man pages. Substantially all of the
missing man pages are from packages that are maintained by the Ubuntu
community. Debian policy requires man pages before including the
package in the repositories. Every once in a while, some slip into the
repos without the man pages, but mostly Debian does a good job of
requiring this basic level of documentation.

Happy Trails,

Loye Young
Isaac & Young Computer Company
Laredo, Texas