Michael, thanks for helping with the server team and the forums.  Your
experience should come in handy :-)

I'd suggest collecting the forum input on the wiki and pointing folks
at the wiki for faqs.  Often forum input ends up in a world of its own
and gets out of date faster than the wikis, so links back to where the
server documenters and developers are most active is very helpful.

I brought up the idea of having an Ubuntu Server FAQ for users and
sysadmins at the IRC meeting today, and thought I'd throw out some
more ideas here while they're fresh.

 Frequent Questions about Ubuntu Server, for system administrators and
users.

First, I think the notion of a FAQ is familiar which is why I thought
it might be useful.  It also tends to get folks thinking in the terms
that users and sysadmins are likely to use in google searches, which
helps get google hits.

At the same time, of course, we already have two wikis with related
material, plus the server guide, so it may be too much to maintain.

Perhaps just a small page with pointers to the other bits of
documentation would be best.

Related pages:

 Ahh - this looks very relevant :-O It was buried in the google search
 I did.  Perhaps if more other pages pointed to it and it were brought
 up-to-date that would help.

  https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ServerFaq

Also, more general questions:

 https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CommonQuestions

Server Topics

 Differences between Ubuntu server and Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu/Edubuntu
 Kernel
 Documentation
 tasksel
 GUI-based server admin
  not webmin
  ebox (soon)
 LTSP(?)

 List of relevant HowTo's

  LAMP configuration
  email config
  [other tasksels]
  virtualization

Another form of ubuntu documentation that often is generated as a
result of user questions is ubotu factoids:

  http://bots.ubuntulinux.nl/factoids.cgi

They might be minded for topics, wording etc.

 mail server
 mua, mta, mda
 imap, pop
 proxy