I work from home a lot and some of my servers are beyond physical reach, so
a resident management program with a GUI is one more program I will not
install.

But...

A small resident server with it's own IP stack running along side the Ubuntu
installation that has a chance of surviving a system crash or hack
preferably in ROM would be a good thing.

Jim

http://ls.net