on Mon Jun 16 2008, David Abrahams <dave-AT-boostpro.com> wrote:

>>   To get around the pci bandwidth limit the options are limited to
>> PCI-E and PCI-X which should both give ample headroom.
>
> My x16 PCI-E slots should give 4GB/s and my fastest PCI-X slot is 133Mhz
> are about 1GB per second.  Okay, I guess PCI-X is fast enough for now;
> the cards are a lot cheaper than PCI-E cards.

Hmm, so http://www.addonics.com/products/host_controller/adsa3gx4r.asp
is looking pretty good to me.  I like that Ubuntu appears in their list
of compatible linuxes (No Gutsy or Hardy, though; I assume it's just
outdated).

Anyone want to advise me against that one?

Thanks again,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing