There's a lot of kernel tweaks that can be used to fine tune your network
stack for this type of workload but you didn't mention how critical latency
is to your workload.  That will also need to be factored into what settings
to use.

Pretty much anything in /proc/sys/net/core/ and /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ can be
tweaked and the settings can be made permanent using /etc/sysctl.conf.

Look for the Sysctls section in the following man pages for definitions on
what each of these settings do.
man 7 tcp
man 7 udp
man 7 socket