On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 5:39 AM, Soren Hansen <so...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> I'm considering adding powernowd to the server seed, which means that it
> will be installed by default on server installs (unless you choose the
> minimal install method located in the "Modes" menu (press F4 to see it
> at the bootsplash)).  If the installed kernel supports the ondemand
> scaling governor, powernowd's init script simply tells the kernel to use
> that. If for some reason the kernel doesn't support this, it falls back
> to the userspace governor, spawns a daemon that monitors cpu usage and
> adjusts cpufreq accordingly. The win, of course, is that you'll save
> power, money, and the rain forest. :)

Polar bears and penguins too!

> Unless anyone objects, I'll file an FFe for this change, or at least
> queue it for Intrepid+1.

This item slipped through the cracks somewhere along the way...

I happened to notice that my Jaunty server installed earlier today
didn't have access to the cpu frequency scaling governors, and
installing powernowd fixed that.

I just added powernowd to the Ubuntu Server seed for installation.

Cheers,
:-Dustin