On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 1:10 PM, James Dinkel<jdin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> After some searching, I think this must be the discussion you are talking
> about: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2009-02/msg00295.html
>
> I'm linking it here in case anyone else is interested.  From that discussion
> and reading elsewhere, it sounds like VirtualBox may be the forward solution
> to virtualization on non-vmx/non-svm hardware.
>
> Does Canonical or any Ubuntu virt developers have any concern for
> virtualization on non-vmx/non-svm hardware?  And what do you (they, anyone)
> think of vbox as the Ubuntu solution to fill this void?

As far as I'm aware, there are no virtualization-on-non-VT-hardware
packages in Ubuntu's main repositories.  i.e.. kqemu, vbox, xen are
all in Universe.  Canonical traditionally focuses the majority of its
efforts in delivering and supporting the packages in Ubuntu main.

I have very little experience with Virtual Box.  Sorry.

:-Dustin