On Wed, 2010-01-13 at 09:10 -0500, Douglas Stanley wrote:
> I'm not at all interested in clustered filesystems. I'm only
> interested in a clustered volume management
> solution.
>
> I already know about clvm and it's need for redhat's suite...I'm just
> wondering if there's an alternative.
> I thought I read somewhere about EVMS supporting clustering natively.
> But I know nothing about it,
> so I don't know if it just uses CLVM underneath.
>
> Anyway, is there any alternative to CLVM + redhat cluster suite, or is
> that the more or less standard way?
>
> Thanks,
> Doug

Don't flame me please for talking about another Linux distro, but I've
got it implemented using Pacemaker (www.clusterlabs.org) on SUSE. I have
no idea if Pacemaker is in the latest Ubuntu server also - I've had it's
predecessor Heartbeat running on 8.10 though. Fact is, to do cLVM, you
do need a cluster solution. In my opinion, pacemaker is the more open
solution. If you're interested, I can send you a short document that
gives a generic overview of what you need - please let me know that by
private mail if you'd like to have it.

-Sander