Egbert Jan wrote:
> Hi again Soren,
>
> Because IF I need to attach a console I do that to catch each and every
> information that could help me find any problems during boot.
>
> I'm from a old era. VAXVMS on DEC mini's. There were only servers and
> character terminals. There were no VGA output devices. I want (and I think
> many with me) the simple all revealing line oriented logging during the boot
> process on a simple serial or console port. No bells, no wistles. If
> something goes wrong during the boot we want to know and have informative
> output at hand on (simple) output devices. Not hidden in high level messages
> in fancy screens.
>
> But what heck, nobody asked to have fancy server bootspash screens on
> servers. If that is the new way of working, fine but just give us the
> possibility to have a boot option to have all starting services scrolling
> over the screen (and hopefully an 'OK' on the right).
>
> No hard feelings, I also want this distro to be the best.
> Egbert Jan (NL)
>
> PS I switched from years and years of Mandriva usage to Ubuntu because I got
> the impression that Ubuntu developers WERE paying attention to what the
> community wants.

+1 and totally agree with Egbert.

If Ubuntu/Canonical would like to have a serious server ditro, usplash,
plymouth and
similiar technologies aren't need on server edition and they were disabled by
default.

Server edition needs to be stable, robust, administrable via command line. The
remaining surplus.

--
CL Martinez
carlopmart {at} gmail {d0t} com