Hi,

At UDS in Brussels the server team revisited the Ubuntu Server SRU
process (Stable Release Updates) for released versions of Ubuntu Server.

Currently the process is the following:

1. Bug is fixed in development release.
2. During the weekly IRC meeting the bug is discussed and nominated.
3. Someone fixes the bug in the stable release following the SRU
process.
4. Bug fix is released in -updates.

This allows users who attend the server meeting to nominated their
favorite bugs to be back ported to the stable releases.

In order to get more people involved with the SRU process we are moving
the nominations to the mailing list.

The new process is the following:

1. Bug is fixed in development release.
2. A weekly email is sent to the Ubuntu Server mailing list on the
Monday.
3. Users will have until Friday to nominate bugs that have been fixed in
the development list, by giving a +1 to the bug number and the reason
for it.
4. The nominations will be reviewed and be nominated accordingly based
on investigation.

If you have any questions or comments please let me know.

Regards
chuck