On 4 August 2010 23:05, Kees Cook <k...@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>
> On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 09:44:25AM -0400, Jim Tarvid wrote:
>> Why not kill the weak ciphers too?
>
> Sure! Can you send a patch for this?

If this is done, please reenable the 'none' cypher, so we can get
decent performance on slow/small systems where security isn't
important (eg on a trusted LAN). I believe Debian disabled this
previously, so I was using arcfour128, which is a 'weak' cipher.

I agree to removing weak ciphers and SSLv2 to ensure people don't get
a false sense of security, or use broken protocols.

Thanks,
  Daniel

--
Daniel J Blueman