On 12/08/2010 10:47 AM, Loïc de la Goutte wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>

> My company  provides a Virtual Appliance based on Ubuntu JeOS.
>

> 1.       Unfortunately, I am challenged by one of our customers who asks
> : “Why did you build your  appliance on Ubuntu, as my vision is that
> Ubuntu is considered on the market place more as a student/homePC OS
> than an enterprise-OS as RedHat ?”.
>

> I want to convince him that we have objectively done the good choice.
>
> So, do you have such a white paper, that could lists :
>
> -          Key differentiators of Ubuntu JeOS ?
>
> -          VMware recommendation ?
>
> -          List of Enterprise-grade appliances built over Ubunto JeOS ?

Ubuntu IS a enterprise OS.

The support SLA is better than RH and less expensive.

There are no licensing costs (Redhat & SUSE do force a license fee).

LTS releases are fully maintained for 5 years, interim releases are
supported for 18 months (all releases are supported and maintained).

Definitive release cycle (time-based).

A very large percentage of servers running on Rackspace and Amazon EC2
are based on Ubuntu.

Many very large enterprises run Ubuntu (many that you interact with on a
daily basis).

Many appliances run Ubuntu as the server OS of choice as it is easier to
setup, easier to maintain, and better supportive of newer technology.

Shall I go on?