On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:27 PM, C S Shyam Sundar
<csshyamsun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Your configuration is correct. However, Im unable to understand what you
> exactly need.
> Remove 127.0.0.1 in /etc/resolv.conf from the server which has dnsmasq
> installed. ( i presume, it isĀ 192.168.1.2 ). Add other dns like 8.8.8.8 to
> query other servers from internet.
> In all the other nodes ( the vm's ) - add 192.168.1.2 in the
> /etc/resolv.conf in the first line.
> Im not sure if this solved your problem. If not, please elaborate on what
> you exactly want on this configuration.

Well you are right that line
nameserver 127.0.0.1
 was automatically getting deleted from /etc/resolv.conf
I wanted the localhost to respond to DNS queries which Apache was
sending to port 53.
I was not clear as how it will work
So in previously dnsmasq.conf I had uncommented it
listen-address=127.0.0.1
but now I have commented it.As you mentioned.
The error in my case I was having is due to a wrong mapping in /etc/hosts file.
 I had mapped 2 IPs to same VM which I after analysing with tcpdump
found where the requests were
going.
 I am in a DMZ where the requests do not go out of localhost to get resolved.
Hence I was in trouble as this is a production server.Thanks for your help.