Since I had a problem after the last update, my main.cf was overwritten, I wonder if it is possible to uninstall just the combined dovecot-postfix package without doing harm to dovecot and postfix.

For some reason (somebody else installed trhe server) the ubuntu specific dovecot-postfix stack was installed but I always handled the server as separate postfix and dovecot server.

I would be very happy if I could get rid of JUST the dovecot-postfix stack. (and keep my main.cf from being overwritten in the future).

TIA
Egbert Jan (NL)