Mark,

I would recommend The official Ubuntu server book:
http://www.amazon.com/Official-Ubuntu-Server-Book-2nd/dp/0137081332/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299693203&sr=8-1

Deployments I created a wiki page that completely automates an install from
start to finish for lucid:
https://www.frackingtubes.com/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_preseed.cfg_installs_off_PXE_Boot
The book also talks about this.

automated backup and recovery is also explained allot in the book.

I don't specifically use Nagios but buying a book specifically on it
will defiantly give you more than you ever wanted to know:
http://www.amazon.com/Nagios-Network-Monitoring-Wolfgang-Barth/dp/1593270704

I use http://zabbix.org but I'm probably in the minority here.  I hear allot
of people use Nagios.  Zabbix does everything I need for monitoring.

For configuration management allot of people are using puppet &
chef. Neither of which I have used but are on my list to learn.

If you know specifically at what book you want to buy I would just ask on
this email thread.  I have spent a small fortune on tech books over the
years.

~Dan