On 03/29/2011 03:11 PM, John Johansen wrote:
The kernel team is looking for feedback on the state of the kernel for
server and cloud flavors of Ubuntu.  Any and all feed back is welcome.

What are we doing right?
What are we doing wrong?
What configs should we change?
What new features should we included?

And most importantly what are the use cases for any desired changes,
so that we can evaluate changes in context.

This information will be used to help improve the Ubuntu kernels
and to help ensure that we have the best server and cloud flavors
available.
Hi John,

Would it be possible to enable/debug fsfreeze (bug 712689). Last time Scott tested it (reported in the bug), it froze and burnt. I am supposing the freezing is a kernel bug. The use case is being able to take crash consistent backups of cloud instances. Something currently only possible with xfs

Thanks