On Wednesday, March 30, 2011 11:11:46 AM James Page wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 11:01 -0400, Chuck Short wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to make sure that we are okay for IPV6. This includes
> > making sure that various daemons are ready for IPV6 and if they work
> > properly on Ubuntu Server with IPV6 enabled.
> >
> > Regards
> > chuck
>
> I've triaged a few bugs where issues have been seen in pure IPv6
> environments where IPv4 is completely disabled; I'm uncomfortable about
> whether this is really a supported configuration and should this type of
> configuration be covered in the health check?

Even if it's not formally 'supported' we need to treat these as valid bugs as
this will, over time, be an increasingly common configuration.  I have one
server running in a data center with native IPv6 and the only issue I ran into
so far is the need to add an IPv6 localhost by hand (this should at least ben
done by the installer on new installs, but I doubt it should be done for
upgrades).

Scott K