Howdy!

I came across the Oneiric server roadmap today and saw some sensible items
regarding Xen support which align with work I've been meaning to do for some
time, as well as the quoted recent short thread.

I'd like to volunteer to help with this work, I did a lot of work with Xen
on Ubuntu over the past couple of years, mostly 3.4 and 4.0 beta on karmic,
and am now revisiting with a goal of converting a number of kvm hosts to
Xen, which I believe will yield better performance.

I'm very familiar with dom0 pvops support and would happily work with the
kernel team, as well as refreshing the debian xen packages to 4.1, which has
some really great functionality.

-- snip --

On 03/30/2011 08:27 AM, Chuck Short wrote:
>* Hi,*>**>* In the past Xen support in Ubuntu as a host has been difficult for
>a*>* variety of reasons most notably no upstream kernel support. Now that*>*
>dom0 should be coming into the vanilla kernel soon. I think its time to*>*
>revisit supporting Xen as a hypervisor as well.*>**>* Regards*>* chuck*>**Hi
>there,

Linus just accepted almost all the xen bits in 2.6.39+, this will allow
Linux to run in Xen as Domain-0 and DomainU fully paravirtulized, more info:
http://blogs.oracle.com/wim/entry/linux_mainline_contains_all_the?
http://www.kernel.org/diff/diffview.cgi?file=/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/snapshots/patch-2.6.39-git20.bz2

Best regards.

-- snip --