On 08/22/2011 03:57 PM, a.gra...@gmail.com wrote:
Hi,

On 22 August 2011 14:40, Ahmed Kamal<k...@ubuntu.com>  wrote:
- We're currently reviewing the ubuntu server guide in preparation for
Oneiric. It would be awesome to take ownership of a subchapter and start
reviewing it in the next 2 weeks. For more info, please check this thread:
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-server/2011-August/005805.html
I've already picked up a chapter to make pratice and understand how
the whole process works.
I'll give this task the priority since the doc freeze deadline is very close.

- A lot of work is also going into Ensemble, the Ubuntu server orchestration
tool. A lot of work is needed there to start covering open-source
applications with ensemble formulas. You could pick your favorite app, and
start hacking a formula around it. This is something I can directly help you
with. You can learn more about Ensemble at: https://ensemble.ubuntu.com/
(we're all in #ubuntu-ensemble)
I didn't know what Ensemble was before reading this ;)
If I correctly understand it's a tool to remote admin a server, right?
I could test it directly on my VPS that is running Ubuntu Server. What
do you think about?

The best description you can find, is probably what's on that page :) You'll really understand it, once you write your first formula. The docs have a couple of good tutorials as well. Right now, Ensemble works really well on Amazon's ec2 (which offers a free micro tier that you can play with). However, a lot of work is going into enabling us to use it on a local machine (lxc containers) .. that is not quite ready however

Thanks