On 02/01/2013 01:24 PM, Vipul Agarwal wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm running into issues while installing Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (64-bit)
server edition on a HP Proliant DL585 G1 server.
When I boot the server with the installation CD and go for Install
Ubuntu from the graphical boot menu, the system freezes with a grey screen.

There is no display port on the server so I'm using HP iLO remote
console. I was able to install CentOS 6 on the same server without any
issues though but I really need Ubuntu as per application requirements.
I've tried both normal and alternate versions of the CD. I've even tried
all the "modes" available in the boot menu none of them make a difference.

Did anyone came across a similar issue?
Any help will be highly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Vipul

So I'd first recommend trying the 12.04.1 CD here:
  http://releases.ubuntu.com/12.04.1/ubuntu-12.04.1-server-amd64.iso
If you have the same problem, try the daily:

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-server/precise/daily/current/precise-server-amd64.iso
We are close to releasing 12.04.2, so that daily should be close, and any changes will just be sent down via updates.

--
Robbie Williamson <rob...@ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"Don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
 -Bruce Banner