On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 6:57 PM, Colleen Murphy <coll...@puppetlabs.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was directed to ask about OpenStack project packaging here. I would like
> to see python-openstackclient[1] packaged with the other OpenStack
> projects[2] in Ubuntu Cloud Archive. There is a slightly older version in
> the standard Ubuntu repo[3] but it makes more sense to have an up-to-date
> version in UCA. I'm wondering what the process is for getting those
> packages and what kind of schedule there might be relative to the pypi
> releases.
>
> For background, the Puppet-Openstack group is evaluating whether to use
> python-openstackclient in the StackForge puppet modules. To do so users
> need to be able to install it without pip, and they need to be able to get
> it from a repository they already have available. This inquiry is NOT meant
> to be a request for the project to be packaged immediately. Rather we're
> trying to evaluate whether this will be feasible fairly soon down the road.
>
> If there is an alternate list or an individual who would be a better forum
> for this, please let me know.
>
> Thank you,
> Colleen Murphy
> Puppet Labs
> freenode: crinkle
>
> [1] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-openstackclient
> [2]
> http://reqorts.qa.ubuntu.com/reports/ubuntu-server/cloud-archive/juno_versions.html
> [3] http://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/python/python-openstackclient
>
> --

Hi Colleen,

We're planning to provide python-openstackclient in the kilo cloud archive
during the current (Ubuntu 15.04) release cycle.  So you'd be able to
access that on Ubuntu 14.04 via the UCA.  Keep in mind that it will likely
be community supported since the package is in universe and not yet in main.

--
Regards,
Corey