Hi Andreas, *;

and first, thanks a bunch for your comments on that. First off, yes, I
am aware I'm about to move a way from a *very* old version of the
system; yet the complexity of the setup so far made upgrade pretty much
an unfeasible task. But at some point it has to be done I guess... ;)

Am Montag, den 08.05.2017, 12:48 -0300 schrieb Andreas Hasenack:

> One suggestion for you to investigate would be to deploy a current
> ubuntu alongside that existing server and try to sync one thing at a
> time:
> - copy the IMAP mailboxes over to the new cyrus
> - dump & reload the mysql db
> - copy postfix config over, adjust

That's a valid point... Thanks for the hint - to be honest I wasn't so
far even thinking about that, even though it seems pretty obvious while
taking a closer look. By now my idea was to completely rebuild the
configuration with less technical overhead (which, however, I never
managed to do simply because it's not trivial).

I'll see how far I can get this way and eventually get back here in
case of any Ubuntu related questions; so far the main "beast" to tame
seems cyrus imapd... ;)

Thanks again and all the best,
Kristian